Before Choosing Your Floor Layout
As you start to determine the floor plan of your new home, it is important to consider how you live your life on a daily basis and how the house can accommodate that lifestyle. You also want to be sure that it will be a good fit for years to come, so think ahead to the future needs and dreams of your entire family.
– Do you plan on staying in this house for more than 10 years?
– Do you think that multiple people will live in the same space?
– Do you own dogs, cats, or other pets that require extra room?
– Do you have family members or friends who spend the night?
– Do you envision particular features for your house to include?
– Do you need easy access or everything to be on the same level?
– Do you want an in-law space to be available for aging parents?
– Do you often spend your time outside in a back or side yard?
– Do you hope to travel frequently while you live in the house?
Hopefully, these questions (and more like them) can help you with the brainstorming process. We want to know more about the factors that are influencing your layout ideas. Connect with us on Facebook.