There are just too many unforeseen surprises behind walls and under rugs when buying a pre-existing house. Its common for buyers to be surprised about how inexpensive it is to build a new home rather than attempt to repair a pre-existing home. If you are still wondering what’s right for you, learn about 10 advantages to build new.
- You Pick Your Floor Plan: Find that floor plan you’ve always dreamed of. Maybe you don’t want a traditional dining room; instead you prefer a library or a playroom. Have a breakfast bar or nook built in. Yes, you can have it all!
- You Pick The Material: You want a heated garage or recycled wood on your porch? You can decide what’s best for you and your family.
- You Save Money With Energy Efficiency In Mind: You no longer need to worry about losing money on a damp and drafty house; building an energy efficient home means it is less expensive to heat and cool your home.
- You Gain Piece of Mind: With all new appliances, from the hot water heater to the refrigerator, you won’t have to worry about replacing expensive equipment for a very long time.
- You Become Part of a Community: Often times, land and custom homes are built as part of a community. Communities come with caring neighbors, most of whom move in around the same time, and may even have features like common spaces for neighbors to get together.
- You Gain Annual Savings: If your furnace is new, you can save a few hundred dollars a year by omitting the service plan that you need with an older system. There also some homeowner’s insurance savings along with tax savings.
- You’ll Find Entertaining Is Easier: Entertaining is easier with a beautiful open floor plan for large groups and cabinets that store all of your party supplies.
- You Have A Blank Slate: You create your home from the start and you don’t have to work around the decorating styles of the previous owner.
- Outlets: More outlets in the right places can make daily tasks more convenient, and many older homes lack this feature which means less extension cords. Customized homes may even have ultra-modern features, like phone-charging stations.
- Accessible Design: Incorporating the considerations of accessible home design will help overcome future physical challenges and accommodate your family if aging parents or in-laws move into your home or stay for a long vacation.
Why not be in control of what you’re buying?