Emerging research showcases an unhealthy amount of technology over-consumption. Did you know that 84% of cell phone users claim they could not go a single day without their device?* Are you one of them? If so, it’s time to unplug. Reclaim your nights, weekends and vacations!
Start by making it a point to shut down the phone at least one hour before bed and keep your charger somewhere out of sight. During the day, try to take a technology break every 90 minutes or so, whether you are at home or the office.
It is also important to set aside time each day to disconnect from technology and reconnect with your family. Help the whole family go on a digital detox! In addition to promoting a stronger family bond, having a daily non-technology activity helps set a good example for the kids:
- Sunday: Game night! Play board games, cards, or even a round of charades.
- Monday: Exercise your creative side by coloring, painting, or crafts. Use Pinterest for extra inspiration!
- Tuesday: Read books or magazines. Flip some pages that are not on an iPad or Kindle.
- Wednesday: Have each family member contribute to a family journal or write their own.
- Thursday: Go for a ride. Wherever you live, take a drive without a GPS and go on a mini-adventure.
- Friday: Make a recipe without using Google or a smartphone app. Don’t be afraid to experiment with crazy ingredients or different cooking techniques.
- Saturday: Hit the road and go on a “house hunt.” Venture into neighborhoods you’ve never seen before and take notes on what you like and don’t like. Have fun!
Book time to review floor plans, fixtures, and finishes and your dream home under construction. – New Home Construction eBook